Recent and Upcoming Presentations and Articles:
Mr. Mangini is a frequent speaker at local and national industry meetings presenting on Principle-Based Reserves, Assumption/Model Risk Management, Predictive Analytics, Governance, and Actuarial Professionalism.
If you'd like a copy of any of these presentations, or discuss any of these topics, then please click here.
SOA impACT Conference,Virtual. October 2021
- Revised ASOP 11: Are Life, Annuity, and Health Actuaries Ready?
- On Demand: "PBR Ask the Experts Round Table"
SOA Annual Meeting, Toronto, ON, October 2019
- Session 135: "Last Minute Planning for PBR Workshop"
SOA Valuation Actuary Symposium, Denver, CO, August 2019
- Session 59: "VM-20 Communication Workshop"
- Session 69: "Aggregating Accelerated and Traditional Underwritten Segments under APF 2018-17"
SOA Annual Meeting, Nashville TN, October 2018
- Session 59: "VM-20 Assumption Setting"- Live Simulcast Panel Discussion and Webinar
- Session 129: "Pricing under VM-20- Lessons Learned"- Workshop for Early Implementers
SOA Financial Reporter Newsletter, September 2018 Issue
"PBR Developments: What's Going On with The Valuation Manual?"- co-authored with Arnold Dicke
SOA Valuation Actuary Symposium, Washington, DC, August 2018
- Session 50: "Assumption Setting under VM-20"- Workshop for All Levels
- Session 60: "PBR is Here!"- Workshop for Insurers who Already Have or are Close to Implementing PBR
- Session 73: "PBR: Real Life Applications"- Panel Discussion On Reinsurance, PBR and Small Company Issues
SOA Life and Annuity Symposium, Baltimore, May 2018
- Session 55: "When is Your Own Data Not Enough?: PBR Developments That May Surprise You!"
SOA Annual Meeting and Valuation Actuary Seminar, Boston, October 2017
- Annual Meeting- Session 50: "Product Development in an InsureTech World"
- Annual Meeting- Session 79: "Navigating Assumption Setting Across Valuation Bases"
- VAS Seminar- Session 8: "PBR Earnings Attribution"
SOA Financial Reporting Section Webinar, August 18, 2017
- "Understanding VM-20 Results- Source of Earnings Analysis"
The New Valuation Manual and the Life Product Development Actuary, Seattle, May 2017
- Session 1: "Overview of the Product Development Process and Impact of the Manual on Overall Processes"
- Session 2: "The Role of the Company, Management, Qualified Actuary, and Appointed Actuary in PBR Governance"
SOA Life and Annuity Symposium, Seattle, May 2017
- Session 31: "Activities of the American Academy of Actuaries' Life Practice Council"
- Session 37: "VM-20 Mortality Assumption Setting"
- Session 51: "VM-31: The PBR Actuarial Report- Which ASOPs Matter?
Contingencies Magazine, March/April 2017 Issue
- "PBR: Who, What, and How?", co-authored with Arnold Dicke
Society of Financial Services Professionals, New York City, January 2017
- "Principles-Based Reserving: Why It's Needed, What it Does, and the Potential Impact on Products and Markets"
SOA Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, October 2016
- Session 48: "PBR- Ask The Experts"
- Session 66: "Financial Reporting Section Breakfast- Chairman's Update"
- Session 151: "PBR Implementation"- Panel Discussion on PBR Implementation Issues
SOA Financial Reporting Section Webinar, October 14, 2016
- VM-G- Principles-Based Valuation Governance
SOA Financial Reporting Section Webinar, September 28, 2016
- PBR- Prudent Estimate Mortality Assumption Setting
SOA Valuation Actuary Symposium, Hollywood, Florida, August 2016
- Session 19: "PBR in a Nutshell"- Open Forum on High-Level PBR Strategy and Tactics
- Session 44: "Financial Reporting Section Breakfast- Chairman's Update"
SOA Life and Annuity Symposium, Nashville, May 2016
- Session 36: "Ask the Experts- Practical PBR Implications for Pricing"- Open Forum on PBR
- Session 69: "PBR Implementation"- Panel Discussion on PBR Implementation Issues
- Session 11/21: "Impact of PBR on Life Product Development"- Panel Discussion on Processes Changes
- Session 75: "Professionalism for Financial Reporting Actuaries"- Ethics Vignettes in Skit Format
Actuarial Society of Greater NY, Continuing Education Seminar, NYC, Apr 2016
- "Principle-Based Reserves: New Developments, Process/Pricing Implications, Open Forum"
Actuarial Club of Philadelphia, Annual Meeting, Feb 2016
- "Principle-Based Reserves Update"- Open Discussion on Status, Recent Developments, Implications
- "Professionalism for Financial Reporting Actuaries"- Ethics Vignettes in Skit Format
Actuarial Society of Greater NY, Annual Meeting, NYC, Nov 2015
- "Statutory Financial Reporting Update"
SOA Annual Meeting, Austin, Oct 2015
- Session 47: "PBR Update"- a Panel Discussion on latest developments in PBR
- Session 63: Financial Reporting Section Hot Breakfast
- Session 71: "Integrating Predictive Analytics into Assumption Setting"
- Session 104: "Professionalism for Financial Reporting Actuaries"
- Session 177: "Model Risk Management in a Changing World"
SOA Valuation Actuary Symposium, Boston, Aug 2015
- Session 38: "Practical Assumption Governance"
Actuarial Society of Greater NY, Continuing Education Seminar, Aug 2015
- "Are You Prepared for a PBR World?"
SOA Managing the Big Data Opportunity Seminar, May 2015
- "Professionalism in Data Science"